Deciding which school to send your child to is something that should never be taken lightly, because your decision will ultimately impact their future. Giving a child the best education they can get is every parent’s dream, which is why you should do everything in your power to find the right school that can nurture your child’s potential. Here is a step-by-step guide on how to search for the best UK boarding school for your child:
- Identify potential schools – It is easier now more than ever to find schools that you can review online. Most schools have their own website where you can find out a great many things about what they can offer and even take a virtual tour of their facilities. Many websites feature video presentations that represent what the school is all about quite well. By identifying potential schools that capture your interest it will be easier to move forward to the next step of the process, which is narrowing down your list.
- Make a shortlist of potential schools – It is important to ask the right questions as you try and pare down your list to reflect your best options. Start with basic questions like single-sex or coed? Small or big school? Academically-inclined or special interests-heavy? Do you prefer an international curriculum? These are things you should carefully consider as you narrow down your options.
- Consider an educational consultant –If you are finding it hard differentiating schools, perhaps consulting with professional educational agents can help you match your child’s needs with the right school. These experts have in-depth knowledge about UK boarding schools, which is invaluable when trying to find the best school for your child.
- Visit potential schools – Once you have narrowed down your list, take the time to visit your potential schools so you can have a first-hand feel of what life would be like for your child once they are in. This will also give you more insight as to how the admissions process goes.
Therapeutic residential schools are boarding facilities that are specifically designed to cater to the needs of children and students dealing with certain health, developmental, or behavioural issues. These schools are a great help to those struggling with a range of issues and conditions and require special attention in terms of their educational and personal development. Placing your child in a therapeutic boarding school might just be the best decision you will make in terms of their education. When you have tried everything, else and are still not seeing improvements in your child’s development and overall wellbeing, perhaps it might be time to seriously ponder about therapeutic residential schools.
There are many great lessons to learn from these specialised boarding school environments. With most therapeutic boarding schools accepting teens struggling with different issues that prevent them from excelling or succeeding at traditional schools, they make the perfect place for children to try a different approach to learning and education. Some common issues that therapeutic boarding schools deal with include ADD or ADHD, depression, oppositional defiance disorder, anxiety, eating disorders, attachment issues, low self-esteem, substance abuse, and other behavioural and emotional issues that negatively affect children’s life and require professional intervention to overcome.
Therapeutic residential schools help children work on their issues and modify their behaviour by means of individual and group therapy sessions as well as making them feel accepted in a caring community. On top of a keen academic focus, these schools offer personalised therapy with duly qualified specialists, professionals, and counselors who know how to help students deal with their problems by getting to the heart of the issue and turning their negative experiences into healthy and positive behaviours. Some may even prescribe family therapy where these kinds of treatments are appropriate. Therapeutic schools are beneficial for those who need to forge a path towards recovery.
Source Url: http://blog.best-boarding-schools.net/index.php/great-lessons-you-can-learn-from-therapeutic-residential-schools-in-uk/
Boarding schools have always had a shady reputation because the many negative things people hear and read about them. Even worse, the media tends to highlight sensational stories that unfairly represent boarding schools and hardly show people exactly what kind of institutions they are.
To help you dispel myths and remove your doubts and fears when it comes to elite boarding schools in England, below are some things you should think about and questions you should ask to get a better understanding of what these schools are really about:
- Do you want more challenge for your child? Boarding schools stretch students’ intellect and abilities. They employ rigorous academic programs that are designed to challenge children in their studies and help them achieve their full potential. In addition to more challenging courses, they also offer plenty of opportunities for your child to discover their untapped skills and talents by including activities that focus on athletics and the arts, more than maths, sciences, and history.
- Elite boarding schools also offer the best environment for children to develop their social skills as well as be encouraged to stay competitive as they learn to keep in stride with other achievers and students who are serious about their academic career. When you send your child to boarding school, they are likely to form lifelong friendships and connections with culturally diverse sets of friends who know how to respect each other’s differences and spur each other on to aspire for greatness.
- Boarding schools employ the best teachers and staff to help rear students. They seek only the most talented, knowledgeable, and experienced teachers with high qualifications and credentials in teaching the subjects or courses they handle. They also care about the teacher’s experience when it comes to handling the developmental needs of children, not only academically, but in their personal and social life.
Source Url: http://blog.best-boarding-schools.net/index.php/eliminate-your-fears-and-doubts-about-elite-boarding-schools-england/
Catholic boarding schools are easily the best choice of parents who went to them, but even if you have no idea what to expect from these education institutions, this guide should provide everything you need to know about them. If you are new to choosing among the top catholic boarding schools in the UK or in other countries, you may want to think about the school’s culture and the way its student’s character. Moreover, keep in mind that they are not merely about teaching religion and focusing on catholic education. They provide some of the highest levels of education, with a emphasis on discipline and personal development, and shaping the students’ cultural values. Here are few more things that you should know about them:
- Students are educated following the catholic tradition – Top catholic boarding schools are committed to building and maintaining the students’ faith in God, while developing their character with self-awareness and passion.
- Some are among the oldest, most established schools in the world – Top catholic boarding schools are established academic institutions where academic discipline is taught and practised, while ensuring that students have time for themselves. Despite being their age, these schools keep up with the latest teaching styles and methods, and teachers apply them in innovative classrooms.
- Everyone is welcome – Catholic boarding schools accept students of varied skills and abilities, and they try their best to deliver the highest-quality of education. They can tailor their curriculum to the special needs of certain types of students, like the intellectually gifted, scholars, and those who require additional supervision. This way, the school is able to focus on the students’ well-being, while empowering their ability to plan their future and academic career.
- Students get to stay in a safe environment – Students are motivated to work on their physical, social, moral, and intellectual development in a well-structured and safe place. The staff and educators look after their well-being, too.
- You can find them through a boarding schools placement consultant – Find a specialist that can help you pick the best independent catholic boarding schools in a country of your choice. With their help, you can be sure to pick the right school that will fit your child’s educational and development goals.
Source Url: http://blog.best-boarding-schools.net/index.php/everything-you-need-to-know-about-the-top-catholic-boarding-schools/
A boys’ boarding school may be a great choice for your son if you want him to receive the highest-quality education in an environment where he can be supported by the right people. It is a place where he can develop his character, too. It is natural to have some doubts and fears about sending him to a good boarding school for boys in the UK, as he will have to live away from you and in a foreign country. However, as long as you pick the best school, you will have less to worry about and be more confident in your decision to let him study abroad.
Leading boarding schools for boys in the UK are among the best schools in the world. In some cases, they surpass the reputation of co-educational institutions in England. This is because of the quality of education they have, as well as the myriad of extra-curricular activities they organise for their students. In these institutions, every boy is allowed to grow and develop in his own place and in a familiar environment, without distractions. He does not have to feel embarrassed or ridiculed, and he does not have to worry about being discriminated, which is common at non-boarding and public schools.
The best boarding school for boys in the UK takes special care of their students. In case, they notice that a student is not performing well, special courses will be organised for him in addition to after-school training and camps during the summer and winter. Regular students can enjoy summer and winter camps, too, and most of them will find these activities enjoyable and fun, albeit educational, and they give them more time to spend with their friends. This way, you can be sure that your son can learn while having fun. School trips are common in most boarding schools for boys, and sometimes, they have opportunities to go abroad to expand their knowledge and broaden their cultural horizons.
If you are concerned about choosing the wrong school, you can avoid that by working with a boarding schools’ placements consultant who is based in London. That way, you can gain enough information to help you make an informed decision with your son. You will be assisted through the application and testing process, too.
Source Url: http://blog.best-boarding-schools.net/index.php/eliminate-your-fears-and-doubts-about-the-best-boarding-school-for-boys-in-the-uk/
The decision to send your children to a boarding school can be tough, especially when you need to find the best one for them. England has some of the finest educational institutions, making it a good place to get started in your search, and with the right UK boarding schools’ advisor, it should be easier for you to find a good school that your child will like. Boarding schools’ advisors are also known as independent educational consultants, and they specialise in advising parents on the search for the right school and the relevant admission process. Some of them work for a consultancy group that deals with state and independent boarding schools placement, but make sure that they are based in London, so you can trust their knowledge and expertise in the top boarding schools in England.
When choosing a UK boarding schools advisor, take time to check their credentials and go over the list of schools they can help you with. They should be able to help you, even if your preferred boarding school is not among the full list of schools they have worked with. So, be sure to enquire with them, and give them the details they will need to give you full support through the application processing and testing. They should be able to arrange the delivery of brochures to your doorstep, in case you need more information and compare different schools to make an informed decision.
A good UK boarding schools’ advisor does not only pay attention to your needs. They care about the interests and needs of your child, too. So, they make sure that they can help you and your child pick the right boarding school in England. Consultancy is free of charge, yet the service is competitive and effective with their comprehensive abilities and unparalleled experience in working with the leading boarding schools in the UK.
Source Url: http://blog.best-boarding-schools.net/index.php/be-smart-about-higher-education-with-the-uk-boarding-schools-advisor/
The key to succeed in boarding school life is preparing yourself for whatever it is, say – your school, classmates, teachers, and each and every circumstance you come through. One way to get yourself prepped and ready for boarding life is to learn boarding school rules by heart. This way, you won’t run the risk of stepping out of line. Knowing what to expect will help make adjusting to your new life as a boarding student a lot easier. Here are some basic rules you must keep in mind as you start life at boarding school:
- A lot of boarding schools encourage students, especially those from overseas to arrange arrival at least a couple of days before actual school starts. This gives you ample time to settle in, get a little bit used to an environment, and possibly make friends before you embark into challenging coursework. Every school follows a different induction procedure, where you will be shown everything you need to know and be reminded of the most important school rules that you must absolutely abide by to avoid trouble during your stay.
- Respect is a valued and widely taught virtue in boarding schools. You are expected to respect everyone you get to interact with while in a programme, from your teachers and instructors to your classmates, house and roommates, school staff, and everyone else within the school community.
- Other basic rules that boarding schools implement include proper dress codes, which may include uniforms and guidelines on wearing piercings and hairstyles; bedtimes and curfews; rules on the use of bikes, cars, skates, and other modes of transport; general ground rules; and guidelines on weekend activities. Most boarding schools offer great freedom for their students to spend their own time outside of school hours to embark on activities for self-discovery.